Enjoy this nutritious chocolate chia seed pudding with special cashew cream to take it to another level. Have it for breakfast, dessert, or a healthy snack.
- ¾ cup black or white chia seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon cacao powder
- 2½ cups coconut milk (not from a can)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1 small ripe banana
- Mix the chia seeds and cacao powder.
- Using a whisk, add in the coconut milk and maple syrup and stir for about a minute. Once the consistency is even, but aside for 5 minutes. Stir one more time before setting aside for around 30 minutes or overnight if making for breakfast.
- For the cream, put the cashews, banana, and 2 tablespoons of water in a small food processor or using a stick blender and blend until smooth.
- Layer the chia pudding and the cream and top with coconut, nuts or fruit. I put some shredded coconut, crushed walnuts for some crunch, and grated some dark chocolate.
*Serving size depends on the jar or glass you use for serving and how much you want to serve per serving. What you see pictured is how much the whole recipe takes. They are quite wide glasses. You could easily split this between three serves.
- Diet: Vegan