We’ve been keeping some pretty exciting news from you, which we can finally share! And no we’re not having a baby. Read our thoughts on that in this post.
With the focus that we put on choosing our own path in life and following what feels right, we’ve made a big decision.
We’re moving to Slovenia mid this year!
As some of you may know, this is where I was born and where I spent the first eight years of my life before moving to Australia with my family.
Since arriving here, I have been dreaming of one day moving back. That time has come and I’m so lucky to have a husband that is just as excited and eager about the move as I am!
When I took him there back in 2015, he fell in love with the city, in particular, the old town of Ljubljana. There’s so much beauty and history there, it’s ridiculously clean and has a very eco-conscious community with farmers markets every day and even raw vegan cakes at pubs and bars! I mean, can it get any better than that? Well, it can.
The old town is also a car-free zone, so the pebbled stoned streets are only graced by feet and bicycles. The other stunning thing is that the old town has a forest with a castle. Fairytale anyone? This was my childhood and I wanted to experience this as an adult. Well, my dream is coming true.
How did this come about, you ask? Well, after closing our online store Fairlings mid last year, we really felt that there wasn’t much tying us down to Canberra, or Australia for that matter.
Yes we have family and friends here but we wanted to explore, we wanted to try something different and exciting. This is the best way to do it because in many ways we are going to a place that is familiar yet new at the same time.
Something that brings us both comfort in knowing that we’re not completely out of our depths. I have family friends there and my mum’s side of the family is only a short few hours away in Zagreb.
If you live or have lived in Ljubljana, you would know that finding a job in the city, in particular, if you’re a foreigner is hard. So we have decided to knuckle down and create this as our full-time thing. We have many exciting projects coming up and the next few years will be a rollercoaster!
What else is happening
Here is a break-down of the things that we can tell you for now 😉
- We are writing another book! This book is going to be epic. I don’t want to give too much away – we’ll write a post about this on launch day, BUT the title is Rethink Consumerism, so get excited!! No release date yet but we will keep you posted 😉
- I’m also going to be writing a cookbook! It’s not due for release for a little while but I cannot wait. This will be my other dream come true (along with moving to Slovenia). The food will be different, delicious and comforting. I’ll share more with you (hopefully) soon. If you’re a book agent or know of a good one, please let us know. We will be publishing this book with a publisher rather than ourselves.
- We’re starting a YouTube channel. This will be more lifestyle than anything else. You will get to peek inside our lives and it will start when we leave Australia. We will share details as soon as they come.
- AND last but not least, we will be starting a podcast. We’ve been talking about doing this for AGES but didn’t want to add anything else while we have day jobs. The show will be released weekly – released as seasons with specific topics in mind. If you have any awesome ideas of what you’d like us to talk about, let us know below.
That’s it! So along with continuing to bring you amazing weekly recipes and articles right here on TMV, these are the things that we will be focusing our attention on for the next little while. We hope you’re just as excited as we are!
As time goes on, we will keep you updated with what is happening and our big move to Europe – we will talk about this on all of our channels.
If you live or know someone that lives in Slovenia, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you 🙂 And just in case you’re wondering, our gorgeous cavoodle Chewy is coming with us. Which also means that our time in Europe will be indefinite while he’s around. Quarantine is not an option for us to get him back into Australia.
Hope you’ve had a wonderful start to the new year and we’d love to hear any of your big plans for 2019 in the comments below!
Other posts you’ll love:
- Why It’s OK To Be a Serial Quitter
- Choose Your Own Path
- What’s Your North Star? A Short Guide In Defining Your Purpose
- Don’t Let Your Age Hold You Back From Changing Your Life
- Design For White Space In Your Life
Interested in more articles?
Want to get thought-provoking articles once a week? Click on the link below to get them straight to your inbox!