Do you ever go through phases where you have created a super easy meal, that tastes great and goes with so many other sides? Well, I’ve been digging these garlic curry roasted potatoes for months now. You can have it as a main or a side dish.
We would typically have it with a salad of fermented veggies or fresh greens, and if we have a can of chickpeas in the house, I’ll toss them through as well.
You can add the chickpeas before you pop it in the oven, but I wanted to keep it really simple and plain so you can use this for a lovely side dish alongside many other flavours.
Great for when you have friends over and have a bunch of other tapas-style dishes out or for a lazy dinner with a salad (like what we do most of the time).
This will serve about two people as a main with a side salad or four people as a side. You could also add in some other types of potatoes, just make sure you cut them into bigger pieces if you’re doing sweet potatoes as they bake faster then normal ones.
The beauty of potatoes
Potatoes are such a diverse vegetable. We always have some in the house that I buy from the farmer’s markets on a Sunday morning. I just buy whatever is available at the time.
For this recipe, it doesn’t matter what type of potato you use. I usually also leave the skin on as there is plenty of nutrients in the skin. Just use a veggie brush to wash off the soil, and they’re ready to go!
As it’s winter now in Australia, this is such an awesome dish to make. We would probably have this on rotation at least once a week. I tend to mix it up with different salads or other additions as mentioned above. Please let me know what you think of this recipe. It’s been a while since I’ve shared one!
Golden garlic curry roasted potatoes ready to serve as a main or side. This is the perfect winter dish which goes perfectly with a healthy salad.
- Around 900gr potatoes
- ¼ cup high heat oil - I use rice bran oil
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder
- Handful (around ½ cup) curry leaves
- Hot paprika powder or cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Peel or wash potatoes and cut into bite sizes pieces into a large bowl.
- Add the oil, garlic and curry powders, curry leaves, hot paprika and salt and toss well with hands. I always make sure that the spices are covering the potatoes well.
- Pour into a larger baking tray and make sure that all the potatoes are spread evenly and not on top of each other.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. I always pull them out halfway through and give them a toss to make sure they all bake evenly.
- Once baked, add in any extra ingredients you may like or serve on its own.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Coconut Rice
- Roasted Potato, Asparagus and Dill Salad
- Palak Sweet Potato Paneer
- Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Bake (7 Ingredients)
- Creamy Red Lentil Curry (Vegan-Friendly)
Interested in more recipes?
Want to get inspired each week with a new vegan recipe using everyday ingredients? Click on the link below to get them straight to your inbox!