Crop pollination is a polarising topic when it comes to assessing the ethics of the beekeeping industry. Non-vegans claim that vegans are hypocritical not to consume honey when they support migratory beekeeping. And vegans respond by re-explaining the definition of veganism.
In this conversation, we move beyond honey and beeswax and dive into the cruelty of the crop pollination business.
The topics that we cover are:
- The challenges of pollinating certain crops
- An overview of migratory beekeeping
- Monocrops versus polycrops
- The edges of veganism
- The most ethical options for buying plant foods
Listen to the episode
Subscribe to The Minimalist Vegan Podcast on:
Things mentioned in this episode
- The Ethics of Beekeeping Pt. 1 – Episode 062
- Vegan Tiramisu Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Do Figs Really Have Dead Wasps In Them?
- Can Vegans Eat Avocados Pollinated From Migratory Bees?
- Avocados aren’t vegan?? – BBC
Join the MV community
You’ll get a neat summary of our content each week, as well as some behind the scenes of what’s happening! See you on the inside 😉