Being a mindful consumer is more than assessing how much you consume through minimalism or what you consume through the lens of veganism. Even the sustainability of a product is not enough!
A significant part of the consumption puzzle lies in chemicals. Scientifically, there are some positive chemicals just as much as there are toxic chemicals. We’re going to focus specifically on the harmful ones.
Why do brands use harmful chemicals in products? How can you start to make better decisions for you and your family?
In this episode, we go back and reflect on how we transitioned to a chemical-free lifestyle and share some tips on how you can limit the number of harmful chemicals in your life.
Listen to the episode
Subscribe to The Minimalist Vegan Podcast on:
Things mentioned in this episode
- Stink! – the movie the chemical industry doesn’t want you to see
- Therese Kerr talk
- Let’s Talk About Waste – Episode 017
- Ingredients To Avoid In Skincare
- The Link Between Consumerism and Toxic Chemicals
- 4000 different chemicals in the cluster ingredient fragrance
- Think Dirty App
- Chemical Maze App
- The Story of Cosmetics
- The Disappearing Male documentary
- 25 Vegan Beauty Brands To Support (Organic, Fair-Trade and Sustainable)