Before we became vegans and minimalists, we used to throw things away without thinking twice about it. But what we never considered is, where exactly is away? What we’ve come to realise now is that there’s really no such thing. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Well someone somewhere has to deal with it and work out what to do with it. It’s not sent off in a spaceship nor does it magically disappear.
In this podcast episode, we discuss the issue of plastic—in particular, single-use plastic, what our waste-free journey has been like, the shocking truth of how destructive waste can be, how you can shift your mindset around waste, and what you can do about it today.
This is one of our more practical chats and we want to give you the opportunity to connect with it and feel like making a change for the better. Know that it’s not too hard and feel good about doing your bit for the planet.
“What is actually inside your bin? Have a look and see if you could have disposed of that waste more appropriately.”
Listen to the episode
Subscribe to The Minimalist Vegan Podcast on:
Things mentioned in this episode
- Julia “Butterfly” Hill
- Where is Away? The Epidemic of Plastic
- What’s Your Vegan Origin Story? – Episode 002
- A Plastic Ocean
- Our Book – The Minimalist Vegan
- Minimal-Waste Kitchen Course
- A Beginners Guide To A Zero-Waste Kitchen
- A Minimalists Approach To Creating a Zero Waste Home
- The Life Cycle of a Product
- Finding The Balance Between Zero Waste And Minimalism
- The Journey of Reducing Our Landfill Waste
Interested in hearing more?
We have a chat every Monday to motivate you to live with less stuff and more compassion. Click on the link below to get each podcast episode straight to your inbox!