This easy no-bake choc coconut slice is the perfect treat to have that doesn’t make you feel guilty for eating it. It’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free, almost raw, made using whole foods, and great to keep in the freezer for when you feel peckish.
If you’re like me and don’t find the excitement in raw treats anymore, this slice will win you over, especially if you have a sweet tooth and love coconut and chocolate.What’s not to love? Coconut and chocolate are a marriage made in heaven!
This post may contain affiliate links, for which we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
It’s creamy, rich, smooth, with a bite from the chocolate that balances out the sweetness of the coconut layer.
This recipe is filled with nutrient-dense ingredients. Here are the benefits of some of the key elements:
I’ve used coconut cream, coconut oil and desiccated coconut in this recipe.
Some of the benefits of coconut are:
- Coconut is excellent for skin, and hair
- It’s also a fantastic source of good fats
- High in antioxidants
- Can assist in better brain function
- Is great for oil-pulling, and oral health
I’ve used raw cacao powder in both the base and the topping in this recipe. There is certainly a difference between cocoa and cacao powder. Cocoa is the cheaper, heat-treated and lower quality product from the cacao bean. I always go for a raw cacao powder (usually organic) to get the best out of the bean.
If you want to learn more about the difference between cacao and cocoa, you can find that information here. Some of the health benefits of raw cacao powder are:
- Cacao beans are rich in nutrients like iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, and manganese
- Rich in antioxidants
- Is known to be a natural mood booster and anti-depressant
- May lower your risk of cardiovascular issues
- Can assist in blood flow to the brain and improve brain function
Cashews are a great ingredient in many vegan and raw recipes. They’re lovely in both sweet and savoury meals. They make a great creamy white sauce for bakes and anything else that asks for a white or bechamel sauce.
It’s a great neutral nut to add to desserts such as cheesecakes, slices and bliss balls. I have a good range of raw desserts you can browse if you’d like to explore those!
Some of the health benefits of cashews are:
- Promotes heart health
- Assists with digestion
- High in many different vitamins and minerals like copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, selenium, iron, Vitamins B-6, K and E
- Promotes hair growth and healthy skin
Easy freezer-friendly slice
This no-bake choc coconut slice is:
- Perfect for a large group of people
- Crunchy chocolate with a smooth filling
If you try this recipe, let me know! Would love for you to leave a comment and rating below. If you want to go that extra mile, tag us on Instagram or share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest. Or Pin It for later!