Giving and receiving gifts is something we’ve been doing since the beginning of time.
And you can see why. It’s fulfilling to provide meaningful gifts for people you care about and watch them light up.
But as a minimalist who ruthlessly watches your consumption habits, how do you manage the idea of gifts? Is the non-participation in gift-giving the answer? Or do we need to be more flexible?
In this episode, we look at both the pros and cons of gifts and how we personally approach the management of gift-giving and receiving in our lives.
“I do think there’s room for gifts in the world, but we have to be smart about it.”
Listen to the episode
Subscribe to The Minimalist Vegan Podcast on:
Things mentioned in this episode
- Understanding The Five Love Languages
- Seinfeld Episode Talking About Regifting
- Reflections From Our Minimalist Vegan Weddings – Episode 006
- Practice Minimalism This Christmas
- A Minimalists Guide To Gifting Experiences (90+ Ideas)
- Dealing With Sales as a Minimalist – Episode 003
- The Life Cycle of a Product
Interested in hearing more?
We have a chat every Monday to motivate you to live with less stuff and more compassion. Click on the link below to get each podcast episode straight to your inbox!