Does the effort of buying secondhand things outweigh the potential destruction of buying something brand new? These two approaches represent a few grey areas as we consider the philosophies of minimalism, frugal living, sustainability and gentrification.
In this conversation, we debate both sides of the equation, including some personal experiences along the way.
Specifically, we discuss:
- The pros and cons of thrifting
- The pros and cons of buying new
- Finding the balance between both approaches
Listen to the episode
Subscribe to The Minimalist Vegan Podcast on:
Things mentioned in this episode
- Shopping Second-Hand vs Buying New: What’s Better?
- The Life Cycle of a Product
- Spend More Money As a Minimalist Vegan
- Vegan Businesses Can Change The World – Episode 022
- Dealing With Sales As a Minimalist – Episode 003
- What Is Slow Purchasing? (And When To Use It) – Episode 051
- The Gentrification of Thrifting: Is Thrifting + Reselling Ethical?
- Is Thrifting + Reselling Ethical? | The Gentrification of Thrifting
- Is It Okay To Buy Fast Fashion Secondhand?
- 10 Reasons You Should Consider Shopping Second-Hand
- The personal, political, and environmental case for buying all your clothes secondhand
- 8 reasons to buy second-hand items
- Thrifting Mistakes | Lessons I’ve Learned While Thrifting
- Debunking Thrift Store Myths | Sustainable Fashion
- The Dirty Truth About Thrift Stores (video)
- The Dirty Truth About Thrift Stores (article)
- Fashion’s Environmental Impact
Join the MV community
You’ll get a neat summary of our content each week, as well as some behind the scenes of what’s happening! See you on the inside 😉