Even as minimalist’s, we can admit, splurging on nice things can be exciting. We sometimes get a temporary high from a purchase, especially if it gives us “joy”. But with such a feeling, we risk giving all the power to our possessions and take power away from who we are as individuals.
So how do we toe the line between enjoying a purchase, seeing the value in what we have while simultaneously detaching ourselves from our things?
That’s what we discuss in this episode. We share our internal struggles of finding happiness in things while trying to keep perspective about what ultimately matters.
This episode is brought to you by online vegan cooking platform Veecoco. Go to veecoco.com and get $10 off their gift cards today with our discount code TMV10.
Listen to the episode
Subscribe to The Minimalist Vegan Podcast on:
Things mentioned in this episode
- Our new cooking show on YouTube
- The Grind of Creating Content For a Living – Episode 052
- What It’s Like Wearing The Same Clothes Every Day – Episode 025
- What Is Slow Purchasing? (And When To Use It) – Episode 051
- The Minimalist Vegan Book
- Dealing With Sales As a Minimalist – Episode 003
- Owning Your Identity – Episode 031