I still remember how hard it was to find quality resources when I first became vegan.
Sure, there have been some influential films and documentaries. But sometimes you’re in the mood to read a quick post to give you that boost of reassurance and a sense of belonging.
Tapping into vegan blogs is a great way to get fresh and unique content written by passionate individuals.
However, with the internet exploding in the last couple of decades, it’s become a very crowded space.
It takes five minutes to set up a blog or a YouTube channel. With so many people creating content, it becomes challenging to find a blog worth subscribing to.
Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s great that people want to spread the vegan message. But to stand out on the internet, you have to take your blog seriously.
In this post, we’ve scoured the web for the best vegan blogs we could find. We’ve hand-selected blogs based on the following criteria:
- Is it up to date? Sticking to a consistent blogging schedule is hard work, and not many bloggers make it past year one. So we want to acknowledge those who have stayed steady and dependable to their communities.
- Is it 100% vegan? We became vegan for ethical reasons, so this message mustn’t be compromised in this list. There are so many beautiful food bloggers who claim to be “nearly vegan” or plant-based with having a few eggs or honey now and then. We love these blogs and will continue to follow them, but for the purpose of this list, we’ve only curated 100% vegan blogs.
- Is the photography amazing? Anyone can start a blog, but not many put in the time to hone their craft, this includes photography. This is especially important for vegan food bloggers. If you want to share your delicious recipes with the world, you need to have great photography.
- Is the design simple and clear? As minimalists, we appreciate simple design. Design that lets the content be the lead singer. We also feel it’s essential to have a website that is mobile-friendly as most people are reading content on their smartphones.
- Do they have a unique message? We want to promote vegan blogs that believe in compassion, health and sustainability. You can usually tell straight away from the blogs tagline or their about page. We want to know the bloggers behind the brand and what their personal story is. We also love vegan blogs that have a point of difference, whether it’s a type of cuisine they focus on or a design aesthetic. For example, we cover a range of topics on this blog, but our focus is the intersection of minimalism and veganism. That’s what makes this blog unique.
- Is it a single-author blog? We love getting to know individuals who run blogs. That personal connection gets lost with major publications. So while we love websites like Live Kindly, we’ve decided to only include the little guys and gals in the post although some of these single-author (or small team) blogs have more traffic than the prominent publications!
- Vegan blogs of all kinds. I just want to make it clear that this is not a roundup focusing solely on vegan recipe blogs. While they take up a big chunk of this list, we were also looking for bloggers writing about fashion, the environment, health and anything in between.
Here are our top picks for vegan blogs in 2021!
Lazy Cat Kitchen
- Content: Vegan recipes.
- Creator(s): Ania Marcinowska.
- Point of difference: Very large archive of mouth-watering vegan recipes from comfort food to quick and easy meals. Easy to navigate and great photography.
- Most shared post: Fluffy Vegan Chocolate Mousse With Aquafaba
The Curious Chickpea
- Content: Vegan recipes.
- Creator(s): Eva Agha.
- Point of difference: Vegan recipe inspired other cultures from Ethiopian to Thai to Italian, and Indian.
- Most shared post: Vegan Malai Kofta: Indian Dumplings in Curry Tomato Cream Sauce
The Full Helping
- Content: Vegan lifestyle with a focus on healthy recipes.
- Creator(s): Gena Hamshaw.
- Point of difference: Gena is a certified nutritionist who cares deeply about healthy living. Her background coupled with a great writing style and design aesthetic makes for a strong blog.
- Most shared post: Creamy Vegan Skillet Lasagna
Olive Wood Vegan
- Content: Garden to plate vegan recipes.
- Creator(s): Katie White.
- Point of difference: Katie grew up on a farm in rural Australia and nature is her happy place. Her photography is stunning and her lifestyle is inpiring. Oh, and if that wasn’t enough, she’s a professional musician!
- Most shared post: Vegan Raspberry and Coconut Trifle
- Content: Plant-based recipes.
- Creator(s): Richa Hingle.
- Point of difference: Huge archive of Indian inspired recipes that you could easily incorporate into your weekly rotation.
- Most shared post: Vegan Mushroom Bourguignon With Potato Cauliflower Mash
- Content: Healthy living.
- Creator(s): Alena & Lars.
- Point of difference: Exceptional design with loads of free resources to help you live a healthier and more compassionate lifestyle.
- Most shared post: 18 Vegan Doctors Who Drive The Plant-Based Movement
- Content: Vegan training, lifestyle and recipes.
- Creator(s): Kim Sujovolsky.
- Point of difference: Professional educational content to transition to a vegan lifestyle.
- Most shared post: Vegan 101: Vegan Side Effects, What To Expect When You Go Vegan
- Content: Fitness and nutrition.
- Creator(s): Roshni Sanghvi
- Point of difference: Clear and useful fitness advice and inspiring content delivery.
- Most shared post: Is Veganism Expensive? What Broke Vegans Eat (Indian Version)
- Content: Vegan recipes and resources.
- Creator(s): Nisha Vora.
- Point of difference: Mouth-watering recipes, beautifuil deisng and incredible photography to back it up. Nisha also has a super informative cooking show on YouTube.
- Most shared post: Vegan Red Lentil Curry
- Content: Travel.
- Creator(s): Lauren and Justin.
- Point of difference: Inspirational and practical travel insights, while showcasing vegan options around the world.
- Most shared post: 5 Unique Things to Do in Windsor Ontario: An Eco-Friendly Guide to an Epic Weekend
- Content: Plant-based Recipes.
- Creator(s): Ashley Melilo.
- Point of difference: Clean and healthy plant-based recipes.
- Most shared post: Colorful Jicama Noodle Salad with Creamy Tahini-Ginger Dressing
- Content: Vegan food and travel.
- Creator(s): Wendy Werneth.
- Point of difference: Detailed travel guides tailored for vegans.
- Most shared post: The Best Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants In Lisbon
- Content: Vegan recipes, nutrition, sustainable living and lifestyle.
- Creator(s): Sharon Palmer.
- Point of difference: Sharon is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with over 20 years experience. Her website is filled with useful plant-based resources.
- Most shared post: How to Get Choline on a Vegan and Vegetarian Diet
- Content: Plant-based Recipes.
- Creator(s): Ilene Godofsky Moreno.
- Point of difference: Colorful delicious recipes.
- Most shared post: Vegan, Gluten-Free Chanukah: Sweet Potato and Kale Latkes
- Content: Travel and remote work.
- Creator(s): Jase & Ashley.
- Point of difference: Detailed guides and advice for vegan travellers and remote workers.
- Most shared post: Cancun Vegan Guide: The Best Vegan Restaurants in Cancun, Mexico
- Content: Vegan recipes, fitness and lifestyle.
- Creator(s): Deryn Macey.
- Point of difference: Prolific publisher, practical tips and resources.
- Most shared post: Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan)
- Content: Personal development and vegan transition.
- Creator(s): Rich Emmerson.
- Point of difference: Depth of information and actionable advice to help vegans grow.
- Most shared post: How To Talk To Non-Vegans… Without Losing Your Mind! [Step-By-Step]
- Content: Recipes and lifestyle.
- Creator(s): Remy Park.
- Point of difference: Gorgeous blog design with easy navigation to recipes.
- Most shared post: 3-Ingredient Healthy Nutter Butters (vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free)
- Content: Vegan recipes.
- Creator(s): Teenuja & Kevin Dahari.
- Point of difference: Vegan fusion-Mauritian cuisine.
- Most shared post: Sweet Potato Flatbread Roti – [with Video] No Added Oil, No Yeast
- Content: Vegan recipes and lifestyle.
- Creator(s): Anastasia Eden.
- Point of difference: Healthy recipes and wellness inspiration.
- Most shared post: Blueberry & Lemon Fudge with creamed coconut (4 ingredients)
Vegan blogs for everyone
So there’s our comprehensive list of high-quality vegan blogs to follow. While this list took hours to compile, I’m sure there’s are still plenty of blogs that I missed. So I would love to know what your favourite vegan blogs are in the comments below.
Join the MV community
You’ll get a neat summary of our content each week, as well as some behind the scenes of what’s happening! See you on the inside 😉