You know those days where you are starring at the fridge and pantry, scratching your head wondering what on earth to make for dinner? Well, this recipe came about in one of those moments. I was hungry, had only 30 minutes to make something and wanted an Asian inspired dish with lots of ginger and vegetables.
I had a look at my selection of vegetables, checked if I had Tamari in the fridge and if there were some noodles in the pantry. Check, check and check! I was all set to go.
As I’m a big organic nerd, I haven’t been buying rice noodles as I haven’t been able to find organic ones until now. I finally stumbled upon some Organic Brown Rice Noodles in a health food store. They are also perfect for recipes such as pad thai (my favourite Thai dish!) I will be sharing a recipe with you on my take of a pad thai soon 🙂
In the meantime, enjoy this delicious, super easy, healthy and quick dish! What more could you want?
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ginger, finely grated
- ½ a green/red capsicum, julienned
- 4 medium sized mushrooms, chopped into thin slices
- 1 big bunch of Chinese broccoli, baby choy sum or pak choy (any asian greens)
- ⅓ cup Tamari
- 1 packet (226 g) Brown Rice Noodles (or plain rice noodles)
- 3 Spring onions, chopped
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok on a medium heat then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Mix and let it cook for around 3-5 minutes until it starts slightly turning brown.
- Add in the capsicum and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized saucepan, place the noodles in 8 cups (2L) of water and boil until the noodles are tender yet firm. Rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Add in the asian greens to the rest of the vegetables and mix through for about 1 minute.
- At the end add in the Tamari sauce and stir in the spring onions.
- Mix in the noodles and serve straight away.
What is your go-to meal when you are stuck for ideas?
Interested in more recipes?
Want to get inspired each week with a new vegan recipe using everyday ingredients? Click on the link below to get them straight to your inbox!