I love dips, but I’m very fussy which ones I eat. I can rarely enjoy a store-bought dip as they’re often full of preservatives, sugar, and numbers. Besides, a dip is so easy to make that unless you’re strapped for time, you don’t have any excuses!
This roasted garlic and pumpkin dip takes a little longer because you have to roast the veg and then wait for it to semi-cool before blending. But definitely worth the extra bit of effort!
The combination of roasted garlic and pumpkin is one of my favourites. The flavours work really well together.
You can add rosemary or cumin seeds as the extra hit of texture and flavour to make it a little more interesting. I used cumin seeds in this recipe because I think in a dip, they work better.
This dip would be perfect for a starter when friends or family come over with some Turkish bread or chopped up seeded wraps which is what I used.
You can keep it in your fridge for a few days and have it as a snack or take it to work. Coming up to Christmas, it would be a nice addition at the family Christmas table or work Christmas party!
Enjoy this super tasty roasted garlic and pumpkin dip as a starter for any occasion.
- 600gr pumpkin, cubed
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, halved
- 1 can or 350 grams cooked, drained and washed chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt (add to your taste)
- Place the oven on 160C (320F) and put the pumpkin and garlic on a lined baking tray. Make sure that the vegetables are spread out so they aren't touching each other. Drizzle a bit of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and put in the oven.
- Bake for around 1 hour or until the pumpkin is baked.
- Take out and leave to cool for around 20-30 minutes.
- Place the pumpkin, garlic, chickpeas, oil, cumin seeds and salt in a food processor and blend for around 20 seconds, If you need to scrape down the sides, do so and blend again until you reach an almost smooth consistency. I like it to be a little bit chunky still.
- Add a little bit of oil on top and sprinkle with fresh herbs or more cumin seeds (optional).
Other recipes you’ll love:
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Guacamole
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Toast with Asparagus
- Homemade Vegan Naan
- Vegan Bruschetta Toppings Done Four Ways
Interested in more recipes?
Want to get inspired each week with a new vegan recipe using everyday ingredients? Click on the link below to get them straight to your inbox!