I thought I’d share an easy dip recipe for the festive season that can be enjoyed by everyone. Dips are a wonderful snack, party table addition, or a canapé topper. I never really used to make dips besides hummus and have started experimenting more recently. It helps to have an oven again to be able to roast veggies whenever I want!
I wanted to try beetroot and ginger together as I thought it would create some interesting flavours. I hope you enjoy this one!
- 800gr peeled beetroot chopped into wedges - 4/5 small heads or 3 medium
- 3 cloves of garlic, cut in half
- Extra olive oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2-3 cm piece of ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp water (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C (390F) and place the beetroot and garlic on a lined baking tray. Make sure that the vegetables are spread out so they aren't touching each other. Drizzle a bit of oil and a pinch of salt and put in the oven.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until the beetroot is baked and slightly browned.
- Take out and leave to cool for around 20-30 minutes.
- Place the roast veg, tahini, ginger, oil and salt (to taste) in a food process and blend for around 20 seconds, If you need to scrape down the sides, do so and blend again until you reach a smooth consistency. You can do this in a high powered blender as well, you will just need to add some water and make sure you push the mixture around for it to blend properly.
- Add your favourite herb on top for decoration, I used coriander (optional).
Interested in more recipes?
Want to get inspired each week with a new vegan recipe using everyday ingredients? Click on the link below to get them straight to your inbox!