The internet has been instrumental in our transition to becoming minimalists. We’ve been inspired by so many case studies and insights from amazing people who are passionate about getting back to basics and living simple fulfilling lives.
We’ve spent countless hours (maybe too many) reading up on how to transition to a minimalist lifestyle and we’re going to share our curated list of content with you. This post is jam packed with inspiring stories and actionable advice.
I suggest you bookmark this link and slowly work your way through. If you’ve come across great information on this topic, please make sure to share them in the comments at the end of this post.
- Why I Got Rid of My Wardrobe – Denaye takes you behind the scenes and shows you how she culled her overflowing wardrobe to 37 pieces.
- The Ridiculously Thorough Guide to Decluttering Your Home – A truly epic guide on how to declutter your entire house. Set aside 30 minutes to really break down this post.
- 25 Areas of Digital Clutter To Minimize – If you’re looking for a quick guide to declutter your computer, this one is for you.
- Minimalizing kids’ toys (a different kind of spring cleaning) – This is a good read for parents who are looking to introduce minimalism to their children.
- Why I Put My Closet On A Diet (In 6 Simple Steps) – Drew Barrymore share’s some fantastic insights in her process of minimalising her wordrobe.
- win over non-minimalists – A great little read by Leo Babuata about how you deal with friends and family when you’re a minimalist.
- Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life – This is a large post packed with tons of resources to help you simplify your life. This article was a life changer for me. Enjoy!
- 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life (and Make Yourself Happier) – A useful list broken down into the main areas of life that you can simplify.
- Less Is More: 19 Reasons Being A Minimalist Is The Best Way Of Life – Fantastic write up by the Elite Daily on the benefits of minimalism.
- 8 TED Talks That Will Inspire You To Become A Minimalist – Prefer video? Here’s a curated list of the top TED talks about minimalism and simple living.
- Ten Things I Learned by Downsizing My Life – A beautiful post about downsizing the family home.
- My minimalist suitcase & 100 things challenge – Are you taking the show on the road anytime soon? Try the 100 things or less challenge.
- The Problem With Minimalism – An interesting take on minimalsm. It doesn’t hurt to be objective.
- 20 Simple Ways to Save Serious Money by Becoming a Minimalist Family – A great little summary about how being a minimalist will save you money.
- Tour My Minimalist Kitchen – Take a tour through what a minimalist kitchen looks like.
- Are you minimalist enough? An experiment in giving up clothes for a year. – Some insight into an interesting minimalist experiment.
- The top 10 tips I’ve learned from minimalists – A beautiful summary of minimalist lessons.
- What IS minimalism? – This is an easy-to-read Q&A type post about a minimalist lifestyle.
- How living in a 200-square-foot school bus has made me an ultra-minimalist – Another interesting minimalist case study.
- 21 Quick Actions You Can Do Today to Simplify Your Life – Brooke puts together an epic actionable post on how you can simplify your life.
- A Minimalist View On The Value Of Time – What do you do with the time you create from simple living? Here’s a few ideas.
- 27 Simplicity Legends Reveal Their Most Practical Tips To Simplify Your Life – This is an extremely useful expert roundup from some of the most well-known minimalists in the industry.
- TOUR MY MINIMALIST APARTMENT – Curious to see what a minimalist apartment looks like? Check out this awesome post from the guys over at theminimalists.com
- Let Go of These 10 Items to Jumpstart Decluttering – A great starting point if you are lost and not sure where to start with decluttering your home. Everything from clothes and food to other people’s things. You will feel much happier and lighter after this exercise.
- How to Let go of Possessions – A very simple, short and straight to the point article about living in the present and not letting the past and future hold you back from experiencing now. A great way to question yourself when letting go of possessions.
- my simple home: what i don’t own – Sarah Wilson lists all the things that she doesn’t own and how many items of certain things she does. We do like her concept of not throwing things out just for the sake of decluttering. Instead use it in one or more ways and when it’s no use to you anymore, then discard it. No need to go throwing things out just because you feel like you need to own less.
- 5 Life-Giving Truths From Years of Living with Less – This post approaches minimalism as more of a mental shift and what it can do for you in your life. We have found that a lot of these changes have occurred due to pursuing a minimalist lifestyle. It’s an ongoing journey.
- How to Clear the Mental Clutter – This article covers four worries and thoughts so you can get rid of that mental clutter and start thinking clearly.
- Two Little Words That Can Sabotage Your Kitchen Simplicity – Just don’t buy items you don’t need right now. Great perspective on keeping things simple in the kitchen.
- Never Lose a Document Again: A Step-By-Step Guide To Going Paperless – A great app to help you free yourself from paperwork and clutter.